Veggie noodles aren’t just made from zucchini. Spiralized beets and sweet potatoes make up this simple, yet tasty veggie noodle salad that can be made in minutes.
It’s the last day of farmer’s market week and I saved my favorite recipe for last. You might be thinking beets and sweet potatoes in a salad? Yes, it’s true and it’s delicious! It’s a little bit sweet, it’s lemony, minty and refreshing.
I recently served this salad to a friend that doesn’t like beets, she politely gave it a try, and loved it! So don’t let the beets scare you away. The veggie noodles are not cooked, they are slightly crunchy giving this salad a coleslaw like texture with a ton more flavor.
As with most of my recipes, you really don’t need a recipe to make this. You can use any combination of herbs, and you can even change up the veggies (butternut squash?) or dressing that you choose. But I have to say this combination is my favorite. Here’s how you make it.
- 2 beets cleaned and peeled and spiralized - about 2 cups spiralized
- 2 sweet potatoes cleaned and peeled and spiralized - about 2 cups spiralized
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons fresh chopped mint
- 1½ teaspoons fresh chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- place the veggie noodles into a large bowl
- add the sea salt and mix
- let noodles sit a room temperature for about 15 minutes
- while noodles are resting make the dressing by combining all ingredients and mixing well
- pat dry the noodles dry with a paper towel
- stir in the herbs and dressing and serve
Don’t forget to check out these farmer’s market recipes below. . .
#FarmersMarket Friday Recipes
Avocot Salad with Raspberries by Palatable Pastime
Cashew Vegetable Fried Rice by Red Cottage Chronicles
Fresh Peach Milkshake by Family Around The Table
Grilled Basil Chicken & Tomatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
K.C.’s Zucchini Bread by Cooking with Carlee
Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
Rustic Tomato and Ricotta Tart by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Veggie Noodle Salad by Simple and Savory
Watermelon Cucumber Mojitos by Culinary Adventures with Camilla