This Shrimp cake recipe is packed with shrimp and vegetables, then pan seared to crispy perfection.
Shrimp Cake Recipe
Move over crab cakes, I have some tasty shrimp cakes to take your place! Shrimp cakes are similar to crab cakes with more texture and no fillers.
These shrimp cakes are filled with bell peppers, celery, and onions. They are coated in crispy panko bread crumbs and lightly fried, making them tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
What You Will Need:
- Wild Caught Shrimp
- Red bell pepper
- Whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- Olive or avocado oil
- Greek yogurt
- Cajun seasoning
- Fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
Prepare the ingredients, place them into a mixing bowl and mix well.
Form the mixture into four patties and dip each one into the breadcrumbs
Heat the oil, add the shrimp cakes and fry them
Mix up the ingredients for the sauce and enjoy.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- Meal Prep Tip – Make the shrimp cakes ahead of time (don’t dip them in the breadcrumbs) and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days. Bring the shrimp cakes to room temperature, dip them into the panko breadcrumbs and fry them.
- Freeze Them – Place cooked shrimp cakes into an air-tight freezer container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. Heat them in the oven or on top of the stove.
- Shrimp cakes as an appetizer – Form the shrimp cakes into bite-sized cakes or roll them into balls.
- For A Gluten Free Version – Use chopped almonds or walnuts in place of the bread crumbs.
Shrimp cakes are made with fresh ingredients then pan seared for a crispy crust. Serve them with a side of spicy cajun sauce that’s mayo free.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare the ingredients: Clean, peel and chop the shrimp, dice the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables and shrimp into a mixing bowl add the egg
- Mix all of the ingredients well.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into four patties (8 or more for appetizer)
- Spread the breadcrumbs out onto a plate dip the patties into the breadcrumbs.
- Set them aside and heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the cakes cook 5 minutes, carefully flip them and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more until done
- Make the sauce by combining the lemon juice, Cajun Seasoning, and yogurt
Keywords: easy dinner, dinner, shrimp, shrimp cakes, seafood cakes
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.