You are going to love this apple pie egg rolls air fryer recipe! Crispy egg roll wrappers are filled with naturally sweetened apples and air fried to perfection. It's like having classic apple pie without the pie crust.
Apple pie egg rolls are a great dessert and the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! They are a great option to serve as a dessert egg roll or even a breakfast treat.
Individual desserts are fun to serve. If you like mini apple desserts, try these apple crisp cups for another delicious dessert idea!
What you will love about this recipe
- Air-fried apple pie egg rolls are naturally sweet and a healthier dessert choice.
- It's an easy dessert recipe to make without deep frying and ready in less than an hour.
Here is what you will need
- Fresh Apples
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Maple Syrup
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Sugar
How to make air fryer apple pie egg rolls
Prepare: Peel and cut the apples into chunks and set them aside.
Step 1. Cook the apples
Combine apples, syrup, and half of the cinnamon in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
Step 2. Fill the wrappers
Once the apples begin to turn soft, remove them from the heat. and start to fill the egg roll wrappers. Place a few tablespoons of the apple mixture in the center of the wrapper.
Step 3. Roll up
Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the apple filling and tuck the sides of the roll in. Continue to roll the egg roll up.
Step 4. Continue to roll
Use a pastry brush to brush oil or butter onto the egg rolls.
Step 5. Add cinnamon
Mix the coconut sugar and remaining cinnamon together on a plate and roll each egg roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Step 6. Air Fry
Arrange the egg rolls in a single layer on an air fryer basket or tray and air fry at 415 degrees f for 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
NOTE: Cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer. Once the egg rolls start to turn golden brown they are ready.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
The complete list of ingredients to make this flatbread pizza is above. Below are notes about some of the ingredients, along with ideas for substitutes.
Apples - You can use any kind of apple that you have on hand to make these dessert egg rolls. If you prefer tart apples, try Granny Smith apples, if you like sweet choose golden delicious.
Syrup - Look for real maple syrup and not pancake syrup which is made with high-fructose corn syrup. An equal amount of honey can be substituted for maple syrup.
Avocado oil - This has a mild flavor and is a great option to use to coat the egg rolls. You can also you avocado oil cooking spray or an equal amount of melted unsalted butter.
Egg roll wrappers - Can be found in most grocery stores, and you can easily substitute them with spring roll wrappers for a gluten-free version.
How to store and use leftovers
Store leftover apple pie egg rolls in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leftover egg rolls will most likely be a little soggy after they come out of the refrigerator but will crisp up when they are reheated in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes.
You can also reheat leftover egg rolls in a 350-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Reheating in the microwave is not recommended, since they will not crisp up.
Here are some suggestions for making this tasty egg roll recipe your own.
Pears - Replace the apples with pears for pear dessert egg rolls.
Add berries - Add a few tablespoons of frozen blueberries or cherries to the apples in the pan for a mixed fruit egg roll.
Add nuts - Add a few tablespoons of chopped toasted pecans or walnuts to the fruit filling.
Bite-sized apple pie egg rolls - Use wonton wrappers to make mini apple pie egg rolls.
- Don't overstuff the egg roll wrappers. If they are overstuffed the apple filling can leak out.
- Cook the egg rolls as soon as they are filled, they will become soggy if they are stuffed more than 30 minutes ahead of time.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer try or basket, leave enough room for the hot air to circulate around the egg rolls for the best results.
- If you are making a large batch of apple pie rolls, keep them warm on a baking sheet in the oven heated at 300 degrees f while you are cooking the remaining egg rolls.
- Keep a small bowl of water in your work area to moisten your finger. Run your finger along the edge of the wrapper to help seal the egg rolls.
Yes, you can easily make these air fryer egg rolls in the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the egg rolls onto the baking sheet. Place them into a preheated 400-degree oven until they become golden and crispy - about 10 to 15 minutes.
You might like these delicious apple recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples
- Turkey Apple Sausage with Sage
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Slaw
- Slow Cooked Pork with Apple Puree
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 3 cups diced apples 2 to 3 apples
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Use a paring knife to peel and cut the apples into small chunks.
- Combine the apples, 3 teaspoons of cinnamon, and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes until the apples begin to turn soft.
- Remove the apples from the heat and fill the wrappers with the apple filling by spreading 2 tablespoons of the apple mixture into the center of each wrapper, Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the apple filling and tuck the sides of the egg roll in. Continue to roll up.
- Once the egg rolls are rolled up, use se a pastry brush to brush each roll with avocado oil.
- Mix the remaining cinnamon and sugar together and roll each egg roll in the mixture and place them in a single layer on an air fryer tray or basket.
- Place the egg rolls in a preheated air fryer at 415 degrees f, and air fry until golden brown and crispy - about 6 to 8 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Check out more of our Healthy Dessert Recipes here!