Mediterranean cauliflower rice bowls are a delicious and healthy light meal that is full of fresh flavor. They take minutes to make and they are very versatile!
Mediterranean cauliflower rice bowls are healthy, full of fresh flavors, and perfect for a quick dinner or lunch. The ingredients are simple and can be prepared ahead of time for grab-and-go meals.
Sometimes the most simple food is the best-tasting food and that's how it is with this rice bowl and this simple pasta and peas recipe. They are both filled with a variety of flavors and textures that will make your taste buds happy.
Why you will love this recipe
- This cauliflower rice bowl is an easy meal to make, just pile the ingredients into a bowl and enjoy!
- It's one of those healthy recipes that has so much flavor!
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- cooked boneless chicken breast or shredded chicken
- cauliflower rice
- cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- cup of fresh baby spinach
- tamari sauce
- dijon mustard
- olive oil or avocado oil
- white wine vinegar
- white wine
- fresh garlic
- optional ingredients - red onion, green onion, cooked sweet potatoes, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, kalamata olives, hummus
How to make cauliflower rice bowls
Cook or heat the cauliflower rice over medium-high heat in a large skillet until the cauliflower is tender.
Slice or shred the chicken, and cut up the vegetables.
Arrange the bowl ingredients in individual bowls.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a jar and mix to combine. Pour the dressing over the bowl and serve.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
The complete list of ingredients to make this recipe is above. Below are notes about some of the ingredients, along with ideas for substitutes.
Cauliflower rice - I like to use frozen cauliflower rice, but you can also make your own cauliflower rice by tossing a few pieces of raw cauliflower from a head of cauliflower into a food processor and processing it into rice.
Chicken - These bowls are a great way to use up leftover chicken or you can quickly grill a chicken breast or make shredded chicken to add to these bowls.
Chicken can be replaced with any lean protein such as turkey, lean beef, pork, shrimp, tofu, or grilled seafood.
White wine vinegar - The vinegar adds a tangy flavor to the dressing, and it can be easily substituted with the same amount of apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
Make ahead and meal prep tips
This is a great meal to prepare ahead of time and put together last minute. Cut up the vegetables and make the dressing; store them in separate containers in the refrigerator.
How to store leftover cauliflower rice bowls
If there are leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a few days. If the dressing hasn't been added, the leftovers will last a little bit longer.
These bowls are a meal by themselves, but they also taste great with a side of crusty bread, pita bread or topped with croutons.
Vegetarian cauliflower rice bowl - Leave out the chicken and add ¼ cup more chickpeas.
Low-carb recipe - Leave out the chickpeas and add more veggies.
Spicy - Add ½ to a teaspoon of red pepper flakes or chili powder to the dressing.
Regular rice - Replace all or half of the cauliflower rice with brown rice or white rice.
Pickled veggies - Instead of cucumber slices use my cucumbers in vinegar or zucchini ribbon salad for a tangy twist.
- There will be extra dressing, store it in the fridge for up to a week and use it on your favorite salad.
Cauliflower rice is considered to be slightly healthier because regular rice has more carbs and calories. Cauliflower is low carb, low in calories and is a good source of fiber vitamins and minerals. If you don't have dietary restrictions both are great for a health diet.
Remove excess moisture from cauliflower rice by pressing it with in paper towels. To remove even more moisture, when heating cauliflower rice cook it on high heat for a few minutes.
You might also like these bowl recipes
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- Pasta or salad bowls
- Small jar or bowl to mix dressing
- 1 cup Frozen cauliflower rice thawed
- 2 to 3 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cucumber small
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ pound cooked chicken grilled, roasted or shredded
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- Optional ingredients: artichoke hearts feta cheese, kalamata olives,
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook or heat the cauliflower rice over medium-high heat for a few minutes to heat it through.1 cup Frozen cauliflower rice
- Add the ingredients starting with the cauliflower rice up to olive oil to 2 bowls.2 to 3 cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 cucumber, ¼ cup chickpeas, ¼ pound cooked chicken, 1 cup packed baby spinach, Optional ingredients: artichoke hearts
- Mix up the dressing in a small bowl or jar, and drizzle a small portion of it over the ingredients in the bowls.⅓ cup olive oil, ⅓ cup white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon white wine, 1 tablespoon tamari sauce, 2 cloves crushed garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- You may have leftover dressing which can be used on any type of salad.
- For a vegetarian version, leave the chicken out and add ¼ cup more chickpeas.
- Substitute the chicken for cooked shrimp or sliced steak.
- Replace the cauliflower rice with brown rice or your favorite whole grain
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
This is a fantastic way to use cauliflower.
Thanks Laura! It doesn't even taste like calulflower
Carlos at Spoonabilities says
I love to make bowls. It's a wonderful way to add different toppings. I'm saving this recipe!
Eileen Kelly says
I love the simplicity of this bowl. It is so flavorful. I also love the varieties you have given. A big hit with the family. A great lunch.
I love cauliflower rice and Mediterranean flavors so this is perfect for me!~
Sue Ringsdorf says
All of my fav ingredients in this bowl, and I'm making it on repeat. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! 🙂
Adding this to my dinner/lunch plans. Great recipe for meal prep.
colleen kennedy says
YUM! My kind of lunch! Great flavors happening here!
I love bowls like this, quick to prepare and full of tasty, healthy ingredients, Looks yummy!