Mediterranean cauliflower rice bowls are a delicious and healthy meal that are full of fresh flavor. They are gluten free, dairy free and lower in carbs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Here is what you will need
For the Bowl
- boneless chicken breast or shredded chicken
- chickpeas (canned and drained or dried that have been cooked)
- frozen or fresh cauliflower rice
- cherry tomatoes or ½ medium tomato
- cup fresh baby spinach
- optional ingredients – Bermuda onion, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, kalamata olives, hummus
For the Dressing
Sometimes the most simple food is the best tasting food and that’s how it is with this rice bowl. It’s filled with a variety flavors and textures that will make your taste buds sing.
This is a recipe that almost isn’t a recipe because the ingredients are simply added to a bowl for a quck and easy meal.
Mediterranean cauliflower rice bowls are healthy, versatile and perfect for a quick dinner, or lunch. The ingredients can be prepared ahead of time for grab and go meal.
Serve it at room temperature or warm the cauli rice and chicken up before piling it into the bowl.
Meal Prep Tips
- Thaw the cauliflower rice, cut up the vegetables and store them in the fridge
- Mix up the dressing – there will be extra dressing, store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- Put it all together just before serving or
- Assemble the bowls by placing the cauliflower rice on the bottom, then the vegetables, the chickpeas, chicken and dressing.
Change it up!
- Make it Vegetarian – leave out the chicken and add ¼ cup more chickpeas.
- Make it low carb – leave out the chickpeas.
- Replace the chicken with grilled beef, or cooked shrimp.
- Instead of cucumber slices try using my recipe for cucumbers in vinegar.
- Replace cauliflower rice with brown rice, quinoa or your favorite whole grain.
- Alternate Dressing Idea: mix 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice & 2 tablespoons of olive oil sprinkle in ¼ teaspoon garlic powder & oregano.
You Might Like these Recipes
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice that has been thawed
- 2 to 3 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 small cucumber
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ pound cooked chicken (grilled, roasted or shredded)
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- Optional ingredients: artichoke hearts, feta cheese, kalamata olives,
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves crushed garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the ingredients starting with the cauliflower rice into a bowl.
- Mix up the dressing and drizzle a small portion of it over the ingredients in the bowl
- You may have leftover dressing which can be used on any type of salad.
- For a vegetarian version, leave the chicken out and add ¼ cup more chickpeas.
- Substitute the chicken for cooked shrimp or sliced steak.
- Replace the cauliflower rice with brown rice or your favorite whole grain
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 26ggSaturated Fat: 4.3ggTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19ggCholesterol: 96mgmgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 11gSugar: 8ggProtein: 43g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.