Rich and deliciously gooey chocolate turtle brownies are made with simple and healthy ingredients.
Healthy + brownies? Yesss it’s true! Especially when the main ingredient is Walnuts. Walnuts are not only delicious, they are extremely good for you. One ounce of walnuts contains 2.5 grams of the essential omega-3 alpha linolenic acid, 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber. It is for these very reasons that walnuts are a staple in my pantry, BUT the main reason is their versatility. They taste great when sprinkled on salads, vegetables or yogurt. I also use them when I’m baking or to add a meaty texture to vegetarian/vegan dishes. And they are a perfect snack that keeps you feeling full.
When you take a bite of these brownies, you may feel like you are over-indulging a little bit – please don’t because they are naturally sweet and made with only three wholesome ingredients.
The walnuts are chopped into a crumbly mixture in the food processor.
The remaining ingredients are mixed in until they turn into a dough like texture which is then pressed into a pan. It is topped with date caramel and more walnuts. What’s not to love about walnuts?
No Bake Turtle Walnut Brownies
No bake turtle brownies are naturally sweetened with dates and they are gluten free.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 3/4 cups raw California walnuts
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates approximately 20
- 1/2 cup pure cacao powder
- up to 1 tablespoon water
- place 1 1/4 cups of walnuts into food processor and pulse until pieces are small and crumbly
- add 1 cup dates and blend well
- add the cacao and process until it forms a dough-like mixture
- remove the dough from the processor and press into a 6X9 inch pan
- place remaining dates into food processor and process until it forms a ball gradually add water until it becomes spreadable
- spread the date caramel over the brownie mixture – a little water added to spatula works well for this
- place remaining walnuts into a food processor or use a knife to chop coarsely – sprinkle them on top of brownies.
- Store in refrigerator
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 1.3mg
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 2g
MY INGREDIENT PICKS. . .
- Please note that some of these are affiliate links which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
- Medjool Dates
- Cacao Powder
“I received free samples of California walnuts mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Walnut Commission and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***