Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese sandwich is sweet, savory, and easy to make. Mild-tasting and gooey brie cheese is the perfect complement to the raspberries in this amazing grilled cheese sandwich; a classic comfort food.
Most grilled cheese sandwiches are made with American cheese or cheddar cheese. We like to change up the routine from time to time and make grilled brie cheese sandwiches.
The combination of savory and sweet in this sandwich is perfect. Try this sandwich with our sweet and spicy pickles on the side.
Why this Grilled Cheese Recipe Works
- It's super easy to make with only 4 ingredients.
- Grilled cheese is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and it's easy to customize.
Here is What You Will Need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Low sugar raspberry fruit spread or preserves (1 tablespoon)
- Brie cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- Olive oil (½ tablespoon)
- Large Skillet or Griddle
- Offset spreader or butter knife to spread the fruit preserves.
- Cutting board - helpful to assemble the sandwiches
Here Is How to Make Raspberry Grilled Brie Cheese
Prepare the ingredients: slice the cheese and measure the fruit spread. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Step 1. Smear the raspberry spread over one side of two slices of bread.
Step 2. Arrange slices of cheese on top of the fruit on one of the pieces of bread.
Step 3. Place the assembled sandwich on top of a heated griddle or skillet.
Step 4. Once the bread on the underside turns golden flip the sandwich over and cook the other side.
Total Estimated Time to Make this Recipe: 10 to 15 Minutes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Brie Cheese. Mild and creamy brie can be substituted with an equal amount of camembert cheese or goat cheese which has a stronger flavor.
Bread. You can use any kind of bread that you like. We like to use fresh whole grain artisan bread, Italian or sourdough bread. Good bread that is fresh adds a nice flavor to the sandwich and works well for a crispy grilled cheese sandwich.
Olive Oil. Coats the pan or griddle perfectly and will not burn as quickly as butter does. Olive oil can be substituted one to one with avocado oil.
Raspberry Spread. I like to use a low sugar raspberry fruit spread such as crofters in this recipe. You can use your favorite raspberry fruit spread in this recipe.
Serve your Brie grilled cheese sandwich with a side of carrot and celery sticks or a salad like this peppery arugula and fig salad, spinach salad, zucchini ribbon salad, or coleslaw and don't forget the pickles for a complete meal.
Brie grilled cheese is the perfect sandwich to add to a charcuterie board. Cut the sandwich into bite-sized pieces and serve with a drizzle of honey on the side.
This sandwich can easily be changed up. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add a slice or two of cooked crispy bacon, ham, or prosciutto.
- Add a few thin slices of pears, peaches, granny smith apple slices or nectarines.
- Add a small handful of chopped fresh mint or a few sprinkles of cinnamon.
- Try cranberry sauce or sweet fig jam instead of the raspberry spread.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Since this recipe is for just one sandwich, chances are you will not have leftovers. However, if you do, you can store your leftover grilled brie cheese sandwich in an airtight refrigerator container or wrapped in foil for up to two days.
Reheat it in a skillet on top of the stove or enjoy it cold.
Your Questions Answered
Here are the most commonly asked questions about making grilled brie cheese. If your question isn't answered below, leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
No. In fact, I recommend leaving it on. It adds flavor and texture to the cheese. That being said, if don't care for the extra flavor, you can leave it off.
A cast-iron skillet or a griddle are the best pans to use for grilled cheese. They both toast the bread nicely.
You Might Like These Recipes
If you like this recipe, please comment and rate it below!
- Apple and Fig Flatbread with Goat Cheese
- Vegan BLT
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
For more simple and delicious recipes like this, subscribe to our newsletter and receive a free e-book and meal suggestions straight in your inbox!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 ounces of brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon raspberry spread or preserves
- assemble the sandwich: smear the spread onto each slice of the bread and top one half with the cheese.
- heat oil in a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- once the oil is hot, add the sandwich and cook it over medium heat until the underside of the bread begins to turn golden brown (up to 5 minutes).
- Flip the sandwich over and cook until the underside of the bread turns brown and crispy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Leave a Reply