Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese sandwich is sweet, savory, and easy to make. Mild-tasting brie cheese is the perfect complement for the raspberries in this sandwich.
Most grilled cheese sandwiches are made with American or cheddar cheese. We like to change up the rountine from time to time and make grilled bried cheese sandiwches.
The combination of flavors in this sandwich is perfect. Brie cheese makes the best-grilled cheese sandwich.
Why this Recipe Works
- It’s super easy to make with only 4 ingredients.
- Grilled cheese is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and it’s easy to customize.
Here is What You Will Need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this recipe, scroll down to see ingredient notes and substitutions as well as a printable recipe card with exact measurements and complete cooking instructions.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
- Low sugar raspberry fruit spread or preserves (1 tablespoon)
- Brie cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- Olive oil (½ tablespoon)
Here Is How to Make Raspberry Grilled Brie Cheese
Step 1. Smear the raspberry spread over two slices of bread.
Step 2. Arrange slices of cheese on top of the fruit on one slice of bread.
Step 3. Place the assembled sandwich on top of a heated griddle or skillet.
Step 4. Once the bread on the underside turns golden flip the sandwich over and cook the other side.
Total Estimated Time to Make this Recipe: 10 to 15 Minutes
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Brie Cheese. Mild and creamy brie can be substituted with an equal amount of camembert cheese or goat cheese which has a stronger flavor.
Bread. Fresh whole grain, Italian or sourdough bread adds a nice flavor to the sandwich and works well for a crispy grilled cheese sandwich.
Olive Oil. Coats the pan or griddle perfectly and will not burn as quickly as butter does. Olive oil can be substituted one to one with avocado oil.
Raspberry Spread. I like to use a low sugar raspberry fruit spread such as crofters in this recipe. You can use your favorite raspberry fruit spread in this recipe.
Serve your Brie grilled cheese sandwich with a side of carrot and celery sticks or a salad like this arugula and pistachio salad or spinach salad.
This sandwich can be changed up easily. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add a slice or two of cooked crispy bacon, ham or prosciutto.
- Add a few thin slices of pears, peaches or nectarines.
- Add a small handful of chopped fresh mint or a few sprinkles of cinnamon.
Storing and Using Leftovers
Since this recipe is for just one sandwich, chances are you will not have leftovers. However, if you do, you can store your leftover grilled brie cheese sandwich in an airtight refrigerator container or wrapped in foil for up to two days.
Reheat it in a skillet on top of the stove or enjoy it cold.
Your Questions Answered
Here are the most commonly asked questions about making grilled brie cheese. If your question isn’t answered below, leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
No. In fact, I recommend leaving it on. It adds flavor and texture to the cheese. That being said, if don’t care for the extra flavor, you can leave it off.
A cast iron skillet or a griddle are the best pans to use for grilled cheese. They both toast the bread nicely.
You Might Like These Recipes
- Apple and Fig Flatbread with Goat Cheese
- Vegan BLT
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 ounces of brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon raspberry spread or preserves
- assemble the sandwich: smear the spread onto each slice of the bread and top one half with the cheese.
- heat oil in a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- once the oil is hot, add the sandwich and cook it over medium heat until the underside of the bread begins to turn golden brown (up to 5 minutes).
- Flip the sandwich over and cook until the underside of the bread turns brown and crispy.
Olive oil can be substituted with avocado oil
Brie cheese can be substituted with 2 ounces of camembert cheese or goat cheese.
Double the ingredients to make two sandwiches
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.