healthy savory breakfast bowl is filled with steel cut oats, sauteed greens, creamy avocado and eggs. It’s the perfect choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links for more information, please see our Disclosure.
A Savory Healthy Breakfast Idea
Healthy breakfast bowls are not just for breakfast, you can serve them any time of the day. They are filling, nutritious and you can change the ingredients to suit your taste buds.
This recipe is a very customizable one. If you don’t like steel cut oats, change them out for your favorite whole grain and serve them with sauteed greens of choice, add any style eggs and avocado for a little extra creaminess.
Healthy breakfast bowls are truly a healthy and balanced meal filled with lean protein, veggies and whole grains. When you eat one of these bowls for breakfast with a side of fruit, you will be starting your day off right.
Healthy Savory Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
There are so many ways to make savory breakfast bowls, this is our favorite combination of ingredients:
Healthy Savory Breakfast Bowl Recipe Steps
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Cook the Steel Cut Oats and the Eggs
- While the oats and eggs are cooking slice the avocado
- Chop the garlic and saute the garlic with the baby arugula, add a splash of tamari sauce
- Place the ingredients into a bowl and enjoy
Total Estimated Time to Make this Recipe: 50 to 60 minutes
Healthy Savory Breakfast Bowl Tips and Variations
- Meal Prep – Make a batch of oats or whole grains and hard boiled eggs to use during the week. When it’s time to eat, heat the whole grains and quickly saute your veggies and slice an avocado.
- Portable Savory Breakfast Bowls – Fill the prepared ingredients into a mason jar with greens on the bottom for a grab and go breakfast.
- Whole Grains Suggestions: rolled oats, quinoa, wheat berries, farro, polenta, brown rice, wild rice, bulgur, couscous
- Sauteed Greens Suggestions: Spinach, kale, chard, collard greens
- Eggs: soft boiled, fried or scrambled
- Topping suggestions: sesame seeds, hot sauce, pumpkin seeds
You Might Also Like these Breakfast IdeasPrint
Savory Breakfast Bowl
Savory breakfast bowls are perfect for breakfast lunch or dinner, it’s a great way to use up leftovers for a quick and healthy breakfast. Turn it into a savory breakfast in a jar for a grab and go breakfast.
- heat a skillet over medium heat
- add olive oil and garlic – cook for a minute
- add the baby arugula and toss until it begins to wilt – stir in the tamari sauce and turn the heat off
- place 1/4 to 1/2 cup of steel cut oats into a bowl, add the baby arufula, avocado and egg.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast bowl, steel cut oats