This savory breakfast bowl is filled with whole grains, sauteed spinach, creamy avocado, and eggs. It’s the perfect choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s recipe redux time once again and we are talking about savory breakfasts inspired by dinner. I’m not a big lover of sweet breakfast foods so I kind of like the idea of dinner for breakfast. It adds more variety, and it’s a really good way to use up leftovers.
This bowl is easy to make, you can use any type of whole grain that you like. The greens cook quickly and the eggs and whole grains can be made ahead of time making it a breeze to put this bowl together on a busy morning. And the best part? These bowls can be transformed into jars for a portable grab and go breakfast!
- ½ cup cooked farro or your favorite whole grain
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon tamari sauce
- ½ clove garlic - optional
- 1 hard or soft boiled egg
- ½ avocado
- sesame seeds for garnish
- heat a skillet over medium heat
- add olive oil and garlic - cook for a minute
- add the spinach and toss until it begins to wilt - stir in the tamari sauce and remove from heat
- place the whole grains into a bowl, add the spinach mixture, avocado and egg. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!