This blueberry and peach overnight oats recipe combines the natural sweetness of juicy peaches with a burst of sweetness from juicy blueberries for a delicious morning treat.
Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast; give this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe a try too!
The best part about overnight oats is with a few minutes of preparation the night before you can wake up the next morning to a creamy bowl of goodness to start your day off right.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- Overnight oats are an easy breakfast that is so convenient!
- This overnight oatmeal recipe is with just a few ingredients, and creamy oats are ready in the morning, perfect for busy mornings!
- It's a great way to enjoy a healthy breakfast made with fresh summer peaches that tastes delicious!
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this oatmeal recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge.
How to make blueberry and peach overnight oats
Prepare the ingredients: rinse the peaches and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
STEP 1: Place the oats and seeds into a small mason jar.
STEP 2: Stir in nut butter and water or milk.
STEP 3: Mix in fresh chopped peaches. Cover and refrigerate overnight and up to five days. Serve the overnight oats topped with slices of peaches and blueberries.
Ingredients Notes and substitutions
Oats - The best type of oats to use for overnight oats are old-fashioned oats rather than quick oats. They have a thicker texture which hold up well when soaked overnight.
Almond butter - This adds a boost of protein, and also a delicious nutty flavor. If you prefer a different nut butter, feel free to substitute your favorite nut butter such as peanut butter, for the almond butter.
Water - Using water for overnight oats yields the best results. However, if you prefer to use milk, you can easily substitute it with an equal amount of regular milk, or non-dairy milk such as soy milk, almond milk or oat milk.
How to store overnight oats
To keep your overnight oats fresh, store them in the covered jars in which they were made in the refrigerator for up to five days. Just keep in mind that the longer they sit in the fridge, the softer they will become and you may need to add a little bit of water or milk before enjoying them.
What to serve with blueberry peach overnight oats
Overnight oats are also the perfect way to enjoy a healthy snack, with additional fresh fruit on the side.
Fruit - Change up the fruit and use any combination of your favorite fresh seasonal fruit.
Nuts - Add some chopped almonds or walnuts before serving them.
Yogurt - Stir in ¼ cup Greek yogurt before serving for extra protein.
Sweet overnight oats - Add a little honey or maple syrup for a sweeter version of overnight oats.
Protein - Add additional protein with a scoop of protein powder.
Vanilla - For peach and vanilla flavor, add ¼ teaspoon per jar of vanilla extract.
- This recipe makes two servings of oats, double or triple the recipe, make more servings to enjoy during the week.
- If you are making a large batch, mix the oatmeal in a large bowl and store in individually in an airtight container.
- Choose sweet and ripe peaches and blueberries for the best, fresh tasting blueberry peach overnight oats.
Steel cut oats can be used, but they have a chewier texture and need to be partially cooked before adding them to the jars to make overnight oats.
It isn't necessary to peel the peaches for overnight, oats, it's totally up to you.
Yes, you can easily substitute fresh juicy peaches with frozen peaches. Thaw the peaches before using them in your overnight oats.
If you prefer your overnight oats warm, heat them in the microwave for a few short intervals until they reach your desired temperature.
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE!
Whip up quick and delicious meals with the ingredients you have in your kitchen!
You Might like these make-ahead breakfast recipes
- Banana Chocolate Walnut Overnight Oats
- Apple and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
- Super Green Smoothie
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- ½ cup rolled oats old fashioned
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 peach diced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- next, add ½ tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 tablespoon nut butter and ½ cup water to each jar
- add the chopped peach and mix again
- cover the jars and place them in refrigerator overnight
- top your oats with fresh peaches, blueberries and nuts if desired
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!