Mediterranean quiche is made with farm fresh ingredients on top of a crust of crispy home fried potatoes. It’s another super simple recipe that’s made in one pan.
This quiche has all of the goodness of breakfast. It’s made with shredded potatoes in place of pie crust which makes prep time much simpler, and it’s gluten free. The potatoes are easily shredded using a hand grater or food processor, and then cooked with onions and garlic until they become brown crispy on the bottom.
Once the potatoes are browned, they are topped with spinach, tomatoes, olives, cheese and eggs and baked. This quiche is a nutritious and filling choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes shredded about 4 cups
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1½ cups baby spinach rough chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped - about 2
mediumto large tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- add the eggs to a bowl along with the milk and oregano and milk- whisk until well blended and set aside
- shred the potatoes using a hand grater or food processor then wrap them in a towel to release the moisture
- heat oil in cast iron pan over high for about 5 minutes
- reduce heat to medium-high and add the potatoes, garlic, and onions - spread out into an even layer
- press down with a spatula cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottom begins to brown and potatoes start to soften on top
- with the heat still on, layer the vegetables on top of the potatoes
- and top with the cheese
- pour the egg mixture over all and bake 20 minutes until eggs are set
- Slice and serve
Variations. . .
- For a meaty version add 1/4 to 1/2 pound of ground sausage
- Change up the vegetables by adding or swapping asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, kale or arugula
- Make your own pie crust in place of the potatoes
- Make extra for a grab and go breakfast during the week
- Make the night before and pop it in the oven in the moring
My Ingredient Picks. . .
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***