Mediterranean quiche is made with farm fresh ingredients on top of a crust of crispy home fried potatoes.
This quiche has all of the goodness of breakfast in one pan. It’s made with shredded potatoes in place of pie crust which makes prep time much simpler, and it’s gluten-free. The potatoes are easily shredded using a hand grater or food processor and then pressed into a pan, then baked in the oven until they become brown and crispy.
The potatoes are then topped with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cheese, and eggs. This Quiche is not only delicious, it’s nutritious and filling choice for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
One Pan Mediterranean Quiche
Make this quiche ahead of time and bake just before serving. It’s perfect for when you have guests. Here’s how you make it. . .
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes shredded about 4 cups
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1½ cups baby spinach rough chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- shred the potatoes using a hand grater or food processor then wrap them in a towel to release the moisture
- spread one tablespoon of olive oil into a cast iron pan
- add the potatoes and pat them down with a spoon to form a crust
- using a pastry brush, spread olive oil over the top of the potatoes with remaining oil
- place in the oven and bake until they begin to turn brown - about 15 minutes, remove and set aside
- add eggs, milk, oregano to a bowl and mix well with a whisk
- top the potato crust with the spinach, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, and cheese
- pour the egg mixture over all
- bake for 20 minutes until eggs are set.
- slice and serve
Variations. . .
- For a meaty version add 1/4 to 1/2 pound of cooked ground sausage
- Change up the vegetables by adding or swapping asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, kale or arugula
- Make your own pie crust in place of the potatoes
- Make extra for a grab and go breakfast during the week
- Make the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning
Ingredients/Tools Used for This Recipe
Please note that these are affiliate links, which means if you click on one and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Simple and Savory!
- Simply Organic Oregano
- Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cast Iron Pan
- Box Grater
- Food Processor
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***