This savory granola is made with nuts, oats, and coconut flakes — it’s sweet and spicy. Perfect for a quick grab and go snack.
When I’m in a snacking mood, I usually want something a little less sweet and a little more savory. And that’s just what this granola is.
It’s made with coconut oil, maple syrup, nuts, oats and coconut. You can use any type of nuts that you want, I used pistachios, walnuts and almonds.
It’s satisfying and filling because its full of protein, fiber and good fat – and a little bit of spice.
- 2 cups organic gluten free oats
- 1 cup raw walnuthalves
- ½ cup raw wholealmonds
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil - melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons tamari sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- place oats, nuts and coconut into a bowl
- mix the liquid ingredients together and pour over mixture in bowl
- add the seasonings and mix well
- place granola mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and press down
- bake for 15 minutes
- * if you prefer chunky granola don't mix during the baking process