You will not miss the mayonnaise at all in this No Mayo Coleslaw. It’s a little bit spicy and little bit creamy and full of flavor.
I love summer salads. . . I make them ahead of time, go about my day and they are ready to serve when it’s time to eat. Here is a recipe that was inspired Mark Bittman’s recipe for spicy no- mayo coleslaw. The flavor of the cabbage really stands out when there is no mayo to get in the way, and that’s what I like about coleslaw, the cabbage. When I make this, I use only use purple and green cabbage and scallions. It has a bit of spice to it, if that’s not for you, leave the jalapeno pepper out. Once made, this will hold up in the refrigerator for up to three days without getting soggy.
- For the dressing
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped into very small peices (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic clove crushed
- For the salad
- ½ medium head of green cabbage
- ½ medium head of purple cabbage
- ½ cup of sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside
- Using a food processor or shredder, shred the cabbage
- Add the scallions and toss ingredients
- Pour the dressing over top and mix in well
- Add the parsley
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Pin It For Later!
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***