This flavorful pasta salad is made with whole wheat pasta or your favorite gluten free pasta, baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes and olives. It’s a perfect dish to bring to your next pot luck or summer party.
When it comes to pasta salads, I like to feature the vegetables and let the pasta take a back seat. Using a fusilli or shell pasta works well for playing up the spinach. This has to be one of the easiest pasta salads to put together.
All that has to be done to make this salad is cook the pasta, chop the olives, wash the baby spinach and mix up the dressing. It tastes great with a piece of grilled chicken, turkey burgers or black bean burgers. It also tastes perfect all by itself.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta - rotini (spirals) or penne work best
- 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¾ cup sliced kalamatta olives or black olives
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse drain and place into a bowl
- add the sun dried tomatoes, spinach and olives
- mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad
PIN IT FOR LATER!
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***