Thai coconut curry shrimp is a simple and tasty recipe that is full of vegetables and delicious plump shrimp. It can be made in just a few minutes for a the perfect meal with thai-inspired flavors.
The creamy coconut sauce with red curry paste and lime juice elevates this dish to the next level. Serve this delicious dish of succulent shrimp in fragrant curry sauce with a bowl of steamed rice for an easy, satisfying and quick meal.
For another quick stir-fry dinner, try these spicy green beans.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- This recipe is made quickly and easily, thanks to the simmer sauce; perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- It's versatile and can be customized! Easily adapt the recipe by adding your choice of vegetables. See the suggestions below.
Here is What You Will Need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this coconut shrimp curry recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
How to make this Thai coconut curry shrimp recipe
Prepare the ingredients: rinse and devein the shrimp. Rinse and slice the vegetables. Measure teh sauce, curry paste and extract the juice from the lime.
Step 1. Cook the vegetables
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the carrots, garlic and peppers; cook until they become soft - about 4-5 minutes. Remove them from the heat.
Step 2. Cook the shrimp
Reduce to medium heat and add the shrimp to the hot pan and cook them until they begin to turn pink, which should only take 2-3 minutes.
Step 3. Add the sauce
Once the shimp are cooked add the vegetables back to the pan with the shrimp and stir in nthe sauce.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Red bell pepper - Any type of bell pepper can be used to make coconut shrimp curry. I like to use red bell pepeprs becasue they are a little sweeter than green peppers.
Coconut curry sauce - You can use any of your favorite pacakged coconut curry sauce to make this recipe. Our preference is Kevin's natural foods Thai coconut sauce.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover coconut curry shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat it in the micorwave or on top of the stove over low heat.
This easy coconut curry shrimp recicpe tastes great all by itself in a bowl garnished with green onions, lime wedges and a splash of soy sauce sauce over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, jasmine rice or brown rice.
For an extra serving of vegetables, serve it with steamed broccoli, or veggie noodles.
Replace the Shrimp with an equal amount of chicken tenders, sea scallops or extra firm tofu.
Use more vegetables - Add a handful or two of broccoli florets, snap peas or sliced zucchini to the pan when cooking the carrots and peppers.
Add fresh herbs - Add up to a tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs such as cilantro leaves, fresh basil, Thai basil, or grated fresh ginger.
- Save time, and purchase shrimp that has already been peeled and deveined.
- Prep your ingredients ahead of time so that everything is within reach.
Yes, you can make this dish vegetarian or vegan bu opting for vegetarian or vegan friendly simmer sauce and a plant based protein.
It is not recommended to freeze leftover coconut curry shrimp as coconut milk can sometimes separate and become grainy after it has frozen and thawed.
You Might Like These Recipes
- Stir-Fried Green Beans and Pork
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian BBQ Pork
- Chilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Cakes with Spicy Cajun Sauce
- Korean BBQ Portobello Mushrooms with Broccoli
Do you like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 2 carrots peeled and julienne sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 8 ounces shitake or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup Thai coconut curry sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare the ingredients: rinse and devein the shrimp and set it aside. Clean and cut up the vegetables and set them aside. Measure out the sauce, curry paste and squeeze the lime juice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, reduce to medium heat, add the carrots, garlic and peppers to cook until they begin to turn soft - about 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them until they begin to turn pink which should be only a few minutes.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan with the shrimp.
- Stir in the sauce and curry paste, reduce the heat to medium to low and cook until the sauce is heated through.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve.
- replace the shrimp with ¾ pound of chicken tenders or strips
- add more vegetables: add a handful or two of broccoli florets or sliced zucchini to the pan when cooking the vegetables.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used
Sign Up for Easy Recipes Straight in Your In-Box!