BBQ chicken Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are a combination of a Philly cheesesteak (peppers, onions and cheese) and bbq chicken served in an egg roll wrapper for the perfect blend of flavors.
Chicken cheesesteak egg rolls are far from traditional egg rolls, but they are delicious and perfect for an appetizer or dinner.
This post is sponsored by JSL foods as part of Twin Dragon Blogger Recipe Challenge Contest as always all opinions are my own.
- BBQ chicken Philly cheesesteak egg rolls are baked, not fried.
- They are easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients.
- A great way to use up leftover chicken.
Here is what you will need
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Bell Pepper (1)
Onion (1 small or 1/2 large)
BBQ Sauce (2 tablespoons)
Cooked Shredded Chicken (8 ounces)
Cheddar, Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
Olive Oil (1 1/2 tablespoons)
Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers (6)
How to Make BBQ Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Cook the vegetables in a skillet over medium heat.
Stir in the chicken and BBQ Sauce
Lay out the egg roll wrapper and add approximately 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
Place the chicken and vegetables (about 2 tablespoons) on top of the cheese.
Roll the egg roll up by folding in the edges.
Roll up from the bottom making sure the edges stay inside the roll.
Brush the egg rolls with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil (you don’t need to use it all) and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the egg rolls from the oven when they are golden and crispy, and enjoy!
Total Estimated Time to Make This Recipe: 30 to 40 Minutes
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Bell Peppers – I used red in this recipe, but you can mix it up and use a combination of peppers such as green and red.
BBQ Sauce – Any type of your favorite bottled BBQ sauce is a quick and easy choice, or you can make your own. Here is my recipe for Homemade Blueberry BBQ Sauce.
Egg Roll Wrappers – you can substitute egg roll wrappers with twice the amount of won-ton wrappers for mini egg rolls.
BBQ chicken egg rolls can be easily made ahead of time by following the instructions in the recipe. Once the egg rolls are assembled, don’t brush them with oil, instead, store them in an air-tight refrigerator container for up to two days.
To serve, remove them from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking them, brush them with oil, and bake as per the instructions.
BBQ chicken egg rolls taste great for a light dinner, serve them with a salad on the side.
Storing and heating leftovers
Store leftover cooked and completely cooled BBQ chicken Philly cheesesteaks in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Re-heat them from the fridge or freezer without thawing them in the oven.
If you like egg rolls, try these
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Chop the papers and onions, shred the cheese and set them aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, once it is hot, add the peppers and onions; cook until they become soft and remove them from the heat.
- Toss the Shredded chicken in bbq sauce and it to the pepper and onion mixture.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and spoon 1 tablespoon of the cheese, and top it with the chicken and pepper filling.
- Fold the wrapper according to the instructions on the package and use water to seal the edges.
- Place the egg rolls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush them with the remaining olive oil. Place them in the oven and bake until they turn golden and crispy - about 12 to 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 egg roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
You can purchase Twin Dragon Wrappers at Walmart, Alberstons, Shaw’s, Von’s, Stater Bros, Fred Meuer. QFC. Safeway, Associated Stores, Giant Stores, Stop N Shop, Winco and Price Chopper!
If they are not in your local store, ask them to carry Twin Dragon Wrapper products!