Cauliflower tabbouleh salad is a twist on traditional tabbouleh, it’s made with cauliflower rice in place the of bulgur. It’s a low-carb side-dish that tastes great with just about everything!
Click Here to Pin This Recipe for Cauliflower Tabbouleh
This post may contain affiliate links, for more information, please see our Disclosure.
Tabbouleh salad made with cauliflower rice is a refreshing summer salad that’s filled with fresh produce, if i doesn’t say summer is here, I don’t know what does!
This salad comes together quickly with only a few simple and fresh ingredients. The most time-consuming part is turning the cauliflower into rice, or you can take the easy way out and buy frozen pre-riced cauliflower.
If you choose to make your own cauli rice, you will need to break the cauliflower into chunks and place them in a food processor and process until it resembles the the texture of rice.
Be sure to make this salad ahead of time so that all of the flavors blend together. I like to make up a big bowl of this on the weekend and eat a few days during the week for lunch.
- fresh parsley
- fresh mint
- green onions
- fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
- fresh garlic
Recipe Steps for Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Rice the cauliflower or heat the frozen cauliflower rice
- Place the riced cauliflower into a bowl
- Chop the tomatoes, onions and herbs
- Add the vegetables and herbs to the cauliflower in the bowl
- Mix up the dressing
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
Total Estimated Time to Make this Recipe: 20 to 30 minutes
Tips and Variations for Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
- If you use frozen cauliflower rice, heat the rice up in a saute pan with a teaspoon of olive oil before adding it to the bowl
- If you don’t have a food processor to rice the cauliflower, a box grater works well too
- Add in any of the following to the salad: ¼ cup chopped cucumbers, ¼ cup cooked chickpeas, ¼ cup sliced Kalamta olives, ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- Store unused salad in your refrigerator for up to three days
Have You Tried These Easy Recipes?
- 1 small head cauliflower - or 2 ½ cup cauliflower rice
- 3 to 4 sliced green onions
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- break the cauliflower into pieces and place in a food processor - process until cauliflower looks like rice -you may need to do this in batches for an even texture.
- place the cauliflower rice into a bowl
- add the onions, tomatoes, and parsley; gently stir
- whisk the dressing together - pour into the bowl with salad ingredients and mix well.
Nutrition information is provided by Nutrifox, an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is provided by an online calculator and is meant to be used for informational purposes only. Even though I try to provide accurate information, these figures should still be considered as estimates.