Crispy puffed rice and nut clusters are a slightly sweet and savory snack made with healthy puffed rice, nuts and seeds. They are a good source of protein and the perfect grab and go snack.
As with just about anything that's homemade, crispy puffed rice cereal snacks are a much healthier option than packaged snacks and they are so easy to make with only 10 ingredients.
This recipe was originally posted in 2018, it's been updated for content and photos.
- It's a versatile and customizable recipe with many options
- It's a healthy and filling high protein snack that everyone will love.
Here is What You Will Need
How to Make Crispy Puffed Rice & Nut Snacks
Place the ingredients in a bowl and mix everything together and spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and press it down with a spatula or large spoon and bake.
Once the puffed rice clusters have been removed from the oven, let them cool for at least 30 minutes, which will help crisp the clusters up. Break them into pieces and enjoy!
Total Estimated Time to Make This Recipe: 5 to 10 Minutes
With the hectic lifestyles that most of us have these days, ready-made grab and go snacks are the snack of choice, and puffed rice clusters are just perfect for that. They can be eaten as is or pair them with fresh fruit or carrot and celery sticks.
They also taste great on top of a salad, plain Greek Yogurt or ice cream.
How to Store them
Store the puffed rice clusters at room temperature in a glass jar or container for up to a week.
Freezing is not recommended.
Try swapping out the nuts and seeds in this recipe for: pecans, almonds, pepitas, chia seeds or quinoa.
Add ½ cup of coconut flakes or dried fruit such as raisins or craisins to the mixture.
Replace the maple syrup with an equal amount of honey.
Add ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to spice them up.
You Might Like These Healthy Snacks
- Coconut Clusters
- Cashew Clusters
- Chocolate Energy Bites With Dates and Peanuts
- Dark Chocolate Grain-Free Granola Bars
- Savory Granola
- Maple Glazed Cashews
Click on serving size to scale this recipe
- 6 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 cups organic puffed rice
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the puffs and nuts into a large bowl and set it aside
- Place the syrup, garlic powder, and salt into a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and cook on low for 5 minutes more, stir in the vinegar and the arrowroot powder stirring while cooking until mixture thickens.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and puffed rice and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking sheet evenly and pat it down
- Sprinkle the mixture with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes until the mixture begins to turn brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes to allow the mixture to crisp up.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used