Zucchini noodles cook up in flash for this tasty satisfying and healthy dinner.
I love summer and everything about it. It’s warm and sunny, the days are longer and there is plenty of beautiful fresh produce. Even though zucchini noodles or zoodles have been around for a few years, I’m still loving them. They are healthy and filling. This is one of my favorite zoodle recipes. The garlic, herbs and tomatoes blend perfectly together. The chicken and beans add a dose of protein making it a complete nutritious meal all in one bowl.
The best part? You can have a healthy dinner on the table in less than an hour. For the pasta lovers in your family – add some cooked linguini into the mixture and they won’t even notice the zoodles.
- 3 medium organic zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground organic chicken breast
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1 pint organic grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1½ cups white beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1½ teaspoons fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and set aside
- heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the garlic, cook until it becomes soft
- add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes and mix in the fennel seed and tomatoes
- next add the beans, chopped sage, lemon juice and wine or broth; reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes longer
- add the fresh basil, oregano and zucchini noodles until heated through - approximately 5 minutes
PIN IT FOR LATER!
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***