Classic hummus is garlicky, creamy and super easy to make.
Hummus is one of those foods I used to buy all of the time until I discovered just how easy it is to make at home. All you have to do is toss the ingredients into a food processor or blender and voila, it’s done! It can’t get much easier than that.
You can add your favorite spices and flavorings to this classic hummus recipe such as sun-dried tomatoes, olives, roasted peppers or whatever you feel like trying.
I always have a container of homemade hummus in my fridge. Sometimes it’s just plain old hummus and sometimes I change it up. It tastes great as a veggie dip, a sandwich spread, on crackers or toast.
- 1 13 ounce can of organic chick peas or 13 of cooked chick peas
- ¼ cup tahini sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- up to ¼ cup of water
- Place all ingredients except for water into a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are blended
- scrape down the sides and blend again adding water while blending until it reaches your desired consistency
- This hummus is gluten free, vegetarian, vegan and has less than 10 ingredients
- Add 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes and 1/4 cup packed basil to food processor
- Add 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers
- Top with chopped Greek olives and garlic
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper plus 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- Try this recipe for roasted beet hummus
- Eden Organic Garbanzo Beans
- Simply Organic Ground Cumin
- Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Once Again Organic Tahini Sauce
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***