Chicken chopped salad is a fresh and colorful salad made with an assortment of fresh ingredients tossed with a homemade lemon vinaigrette. It’s perfect for lunch or a quick and healthy dinner.
Click Here to Pin This Recipe for Chicken Chopped Salad
This post may contain affiliate links for more information, please see our Disclosure.
The Best Chopped Salad
When the weather is warm, you will find chicken chopped salad or Asian Pasta Salad with Chicken. on our dinner table a lot. It’s packed with fresh vegetables, lean chicken, beans, eggs and cheese. It’s like a salad bar in a bowl.
The only difference is that the ingredients are chopped into small pieces, making each bite a tasty combination of all of the flavors going on in the salad.
Chicken chopped salad or any dinner salad can be made ahead of time; a bonus when you are short on time to prepare dinner, and it’s great way to use up left over food in your fridge.
You can use any combination of ingredients to make a chopped salad. I like to start with a base of ingredients and build from there.
Chicken Chopped Salad Ingredients
You can use as many different ingredients as you like to a chopped salad, the possibilities are endless. I start with a base and build my salad from there. Here is a list of base ingredients followed by the ingredients I used to make this chopped salad recipe.
- Romaine Lettuce
Additional Ingredients Used to Make this Chopped Salad Recipe
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- White Beans
- Crumbles of blue cheese, feta or shredded cheddar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Dijon mustard
Recipe Steps for Chicken Chopped Salad
Please note that this a list of steps to give you an idea how to make this recipe. Full details are in the recipe card below.
- Chop up all of the ingredients into uniform sized pieces
- Add the ingredients to a bowl
- Mix Up the Dressing and pour it over the salad
- Toss the salad and enjoy
Total Estimated Time To Make this Recipe: 20 to 30 Minutes
Chicken Chopped Salad Tips
- Chop all of the ingredients into similar bite-sized pieces. I like to cut them into 1 inch sized pieces, but you can use any size you like.
- Make the salad ahead of time – chop up all of the ingredients and store them in separate containers in the refrigerator for two to three days. When it’s time to eat the salad, toss all of the ingredients together and serve.
- Use up leftover dressed salad within one day. Once the salad has been dressed, it will become soggy.
- Add the dressing just before serving to keep the salad fresh and crisp.
Chopped Salad Recipe Variations
- Swap out the chicken for cooked shrimp or steak
- Make it vegetarian or vegan by adding grilled or roasted tofu in place of the meat
- Add More Vegetables. You can use any of your favorite veggies to this salad, here are some suggestions: bell peppers, zucchini, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, shaved Brussels sprouts, shredded carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, hot pepper slices.
- Add more protein with any combination of nuts and seeds such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, or walnuts.
- Change up the Beans. The white beans can be substituted with chickpeas, kidney beans or black beans.