Zucchini roll ups are thinly sliced zucchini stuffed with spicy guacamole. They are a tasty and healthy appetizer – perfect to serve at a spring or summer get together.
When I make appetizers I like to make them simple and healthy while leaving some room for the main course. Rather than chips, which contain refined carbs, the zucchini adds a clean and refreshing taste to compliment the guacamole while keeping the carb count low. These rolls are quick to make, the trick is to slice the zucchini as thin as you can. I used a vegetable peeler to get the slices nice and thin.
I then spread each slice with guacamole. . .
I rolled them up and garnished them with olives and tomatoes. It’s as easy as that to have a pretty appetizer on the table for your next party. You can use the guacamole recipe that’s below, or you can try my guacamole with goat cheese. They are gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and vegan (if you don’t use goat cheese).
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilatro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper - optional
- make the guacamole by mashing the avocados with a fork then combining remaining ingredients (garlic through jaapeno) and set aside
- using a vegetable peeler thinly slice the zucchini
- once you hit the center and the seeds se a sharp knife to slice that portion away and continue with peeler
- spread guacamole onto each slice of zucchini - leave some room at each end and roll up
- garnish with olives, tomatoes, onions or salsa
***Please note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means that if you follow one of the links and make a purchase we will receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. This helps us to continue to bring you good content. Thank you for your support! Simple and Savory is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.***